Monday, September 21, 2009

The Great Oxford Adventure

Well, here I am! I have officially been in Oxford for a week! I will admit the transition was hard the first day with the culmination of not sleeping, hardly eating, and going through parent withdrawal, but I made it through. I absolutely love all of my housemates and the kids in the program. They are super great and fun. They definitely keep me busy. We have gone to Sainsbury's (the grocery store) nearly everyday and it is a little crazy. Fortunately I have found a meal that I really like, Chicken kiev. Also we found The Mission, a Chipotle wannabe that tastes delicious. I will say that my legs are almost always tired at the end of the day because of all of the walking that we do. I swear I think we walk at least 3 miles a day, if not more.


On Friday we went to Hampton Court and it was pretty fun. I loved seeing the history and walking through the vast gardens. We also saw King Henry VIII! He said "Ladies" to us as we watched him walk by. It was really great. The tapestries at the palace were unbelievable. They are enormous and made with gold and silver thread. Apparently they cost more than a warship.


On Wednesday we are going to the Globe Theatre to see As You Like It, a play by Shakespeare. That should be super interesting. I will let you know how it goes. Today I vacuumed so my mother should be very proud of me. Now I'm off to make some dinner!

Here is a link to my pictures on facebook so you can keep up! http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2020865&id=1184670110&l=c863207822

No comments:

Post a Comment